Hola!

Hola! A little about me...I'm a Jesus loving, coffee drinking, relationally driven, culture appreciating, justice seeking, Spanish speaking college student currently living and studying in Cordoba (accent on the first o), Argentina. Bienvenidos! Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures, mishaps, successes, and of course, complete failures (because this would be no fun if everything went smoothly).

Monday, November 17, 2014

Buenos Aires

So a while back, about two weeks ago, I went to Buenos Aires, and I've finally decided to tell you about it!  Flor and I left on Thursday night, spent all night attempting to sleep on the bus, and arrived early Friday morning.  Drained but excited, we were ready to start our weekend of sight-seeing. 

And then it rained, and rained, and rained, and rained, and got cold.  I will never understand the weather in this country, ever.  We decided to go get some food and wait to see if the rain would stop.  We ate at the cutest little bistro and I made sure everyone knew I was a foreigner by taking these pictures.



 We may have tried some of these sweets, we may have.




After we were stuffed, we went to a ginormous, beautiful cemetery where a bunch of famous people are buried.  I, being the nerd I am, was completely in awe seeing the graves of famous Argentine people that I have been reading about and studying.  It was really really really cool.  To save you from any potential boredom, I will only show you a few of the thousands of pictures I took :)


 As you can see, the rain stopped.





 We also went for a walk through the city to take some pictures.


 Calle 9 de Julio...AKA widest street in the world.


 Evita.



 A library that used to be a theater.


On Saturday, we went to la Casa Rosada, Puerto Madero and just walked around some more....in the cold rain.

 La Casa Rosada (The pink house)- where the president works.  I could not believe how little security there was and how close to the house we could get.


 This close.  I didn't have to zoom in or anything.



 Puerto Madero-a port where things are imported and exported by boat.


A big, beautiful, old boat that has some kind of historical importance that I don't know enough to tell you about.

On Sunday, we went to La Boca which is pretty much just a little town full of colorful houses.





 Of course Messi had to make an appearance.


The Pope also was represented with his famous wave.  The fact that Messi and the Pope were everywhere, really gives you an idea of what (or who) is important here in Argentina.

All in all, this was a great trip.  A lot packed into a little weekend, but I am so glad that I went and saw the capital city.  I think the size, craziness, and lack of it feeling like the true Argentina I've come to know, made me so much more grateful for my home here in Cordoba.

No comments:

Post a Comment