Hola!

Hola! A little about me...I'm a Jesus loving, coffee drinking, relationally driven, culture appreciating, justice seeking, Spanish speaking college student currently living and studying in Cordoba (accent on the first o), Argentina. Bienvenidos! Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures, mishaps, successes, and of course, complete failures (because this would be no fun if everything went smoothly).

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Tucuman

This is the last leg of our trip!

Day 5 (Continued):  After a long bus ride, we finally arrived in the lovely city of Tucuman.  Tucuman is known here in Argentina as a smaller version of Buenos Aires.  It was very crowded, very active, very diverse, and was full of big companies' buildings.  We stayed in one of those big buildings with a rooftop pool and view of the entire city.  Unfortunately it was a bit overcast so my pictures aren't the best, but they give you an idea of how amazing the view was.







After admiring the view, we went out for empanadas.  We made sure to try the empanadas in every city to taste the differences.

Just in case I haven't showed you enough pictures of empanadas :)

Day 6:  On this day, we woke up early, ate breakfast, and went on a tour throught the mountains of Tucuman with our own personal guide.  This is what we saw:










 We saw tons of dogs, but I had to get a picture of this one because I have never seen something like this before.  Pretty sure she just gave birth.
 







"I am the resurrection and the life."


A little church at the top of a mountain.








Jesus.

Later this night we toured about the city a bit, and then went to a Lebanese restaurant!







We walked into this church while mass was going on...oops.


This church had the crucifix and also Jesus' wounded body laying like this.  It was a powerful reminder of the pain that our Savior went through. 


At the restaurant they served us flatbread, and whatever was on that plate.  It was really good, but I have no idea what it was.


 And...sfeeha, of course.  It was so good!  Aunt Karen and Meghan, we have to learn how to make homemade dough!

Day 7:  We woke up, and endured the 9 hour bus ride back to Cordoba.  I walked into my home at 10pm to find my family excitedly awaiting me.  They even waited to eat dinner until I got home.  After a whole week away, it was the best feeling walking into a house that truly feels like home and is full of so much love.  I could not be any more lucky with the family that I have here. 


2 comments: