Hola!

Hola! A little about me...I'm a Jesus loving, coffee drinking, relationally driven, culture appreciating, justice seeking, Spanish speaking college student currently living and studying in Cordoba (accent on the first o), Argentina. Bienvenidos! Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures, mishaps, successes, and of course, complete failures (because this would be no fun if everything went smoothly).

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Where my heart’s at



I LOVE it here, absolutely love it, but that doesn’t mean that sometimes my heart is elsewhere, somewhere with those who are nearest and dearest to my heart, somewhere full of smiles, laughter, tears, unconditional love and support, and field hockey sticks, and running, lots and lots of running.

Today, these girls reunite to begin their field hockey season, and although I am so happy here, and do not regret a single decision I’ve made, my heart hurts knowing I won’t be there.  These girls have all had such a strong, positive impact on my life and I am forever indebted to them for that.  They have truly seen me at my worst.  And when I say worst I mean they’ve accompanied me to the ER at midnight on more than one occasion, they’ve helped me shower when I was too weak and injured to do so on my own, they’ve talked me through homework assignments while I’ve just cried, and they’ve been there for me when all truth comes out at 2:00 in the morning.  They have loved me, accepted me, supported me, and truly been my rock when I had nothing else to lean on.

These are the kind of people that some are never lucky enough to meet in their entire lives.  They laugh with you, cry with you, hug you, wait for you, help you, surprise you, encourage you, and lovingly in the name of Jesus kick your butt on the field hockey field.  The best kind of people, I promise. 

With that said, knowing that I won’t be there today to support them and love them hurts, but I will be their biggest fan from oceans away, and I will be praying for them every single day.

Girls, if you are reading, I love you and miss you all so much.  I will miss grueling hard practices with you.  Yes, I will.  I can’t believe I just said that.  I will just miss them because I miss you.  I will miss long bus rides, devotions, prayers, and the way that you all love and are devoted to Jesus.  Someone please be Lauren’s pee partner before games, as I will not be there to continue filling in that role, and I know you don’t want her to get left behind.  And also, someone please wait for Meg after every practice; I know she takes FOREVER, but she will love you for it, and so will I.  And all of you, please kick some butt this season.  I can’t wait to discover (from far away) all that God has planned for you.  You are a rock solid group of girls and I am so very blessed to know each one of you.  Thank you for being my rock.  I miss you and love you.

And mom and dad, since I know you will be at the games, I will really miss not being there to see you as well.  Thank you for continuing to support something that is so close to my heart.  Cheer loud enough for me too!!! 

7 comments:

  1. Very nice Kerri! All of it....... XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be thinking of you at each game! Sweet post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully said, dear daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok Miss Kerri, I found myself starting to choke up as I read your blog, but you will be happy to know, I quickly pulled it together. I am sure you will be missed in a big way by this team! I too am concerned about Lauren's pee partner. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always making me cry... you are missed SO MUCH. not one day goes by that I'm not reminded of you in some simple way... (mostly when I'm sitting somewhere by myself) BUT missin you lots right now :((((

    ReplyDelete